Technicaldan
Technicaldan, UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  Accredited
94166128

I've got Honda HRV and want to replace rear shoe brakes :

Customer Question

Hi there
JA: Hi. How can we be of help?
Customer: I've got Honda HRV and want to replace rear shoe brakes
JA: How many miles are on the car? Are these the orignial brakes?
Customer: Milage, just over the 100K
JA: What is the model/year of your Honda?
Customer: Year 1999
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I want to fix it myself, havent done anything yet
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: The reason I want to change the bakes is that the Hand Brake light is on on the dashboard...
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Honda Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Customer: I believe that is the problem?!
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Since no one has posted the info here on how to replace these in some cases this info needs obtained from a local dealer or repair center in your area that works on this model here.If this is not an option for you or was already attempted let me know so we can continue from here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi Pete,I'm afraid I was not expecting this kind of answer to my question. If you do not have the answer then I would kindly ask for my refund.RegardsVigan
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Expert:  Technicaldan replied 5 months ago.

Hi, if you're looking to resolve the handbrake light on the dashboard, I would be checking the handbrake switch rather than replacing the rear brakes.

Let me know which it is you want to do and I will advise you further.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I just would like to replace my Honda HR-V rear brake shoe pads. Can you help!

Here is a link to a site with information about rear drum and show replacement.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-replace-rear-brake-shoes-and-drums

It would take me many words to write what this page shows.

This link is specifically a video showing another Honda but the systems are similar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTpKpkxJjLQ

Let me know if you want the torque settings.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
On June the 16th, I asked how to change/replace Honda HR-V rear brake shoes. I came to this site and paid £21.00 hoping to get the answer I wanted. I must say that, prior to deciding to pay £21.00, I did search the internet and did find a few sites and videos similar to Honda HR-V but none in particular as for HR-V, hence came to you site. The video links you sent me were the links I've already visited and you clearly mention "This link is specifically a video showing another Honda but the systems are similar" which I understand.
I truly thank you for trying but paying £21 for answers which are not for HR-V's is not acceptable unless you do come up with answer to my above question, if not then I would kindly ask to refund my money.SincerelyVigan Malazogu