Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

I have just got a new style renualt clio 1.4 and the cable

Customer Question

I have just got a new style renualt clio 1.4 and the cable wont open the bonnet I have tried pulling the cable with plyers no good just cable so I t must be loose inside the engine bay any ideas? I have been able to see the catch and move it but still stuck down
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In allot of cases this is due to the latch sticking needing lubricated after it is opened or the latch may have failed needing replaced.If you havent yet try having someone push down and pull up on the hood/bonnet at the same time you are trying to open it and see if it releases then.If this does not work you may need a lock smith or technician to come out and to try and use their tools to open the bonnet for you then either lubricate the latch or check to see if it needs replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete