Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

I have a 207 which has had a multitude of ABS problems.

Customer Question

I have a 207 which has had a multitude of ABS problems. Replaced pump/ECU, replaced front left sensor and have just changed reservoir level sensor, but still getting contact resistance too high??? Have bled brakes manually, is this the problem, do they need to be done via diagnostic tool?? I don't have that function on mine. Can you advise please.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

The contact resistance to high is usually an electrical fault.With all of these components being replaced here to try and correct this issue the fault may be with wiring from a sensor to the anti lock brake unit itself in some cases or spread open terminals in the connector causing high resistance.I would have the connections and wiring checked for any issues and if any are found they will need repaired from there.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete