Wayne Crawford
Wayne Crawford, Shop Owner
Experience:  General Repair Shop Owner

My name is Pedro, I have a Ford Escape 2008 XLS. My problem

Customer Question

Hi, my name is***** have a Ford Escape 2008 XLS. My problem is with the back passenger door wich is locked (Can't be opened from outside) and the child lock is on.
JA: How many miles are on the car? Has this ever happened before?
Customer: 90,000+
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Before damaging any, I tried looking for answers in the web
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: When you try to open the door, do nothing
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Wayne Crawford replied 4 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today. You will have to take the door panel off to get to the latch assembly. If it wont unlock using the master switch or the key fob and all the other doors work fine then something is broken in there.

I can give you instructions to take the door panel off if you want to fiddle around in there but I cant say for sure whats broken in it without being able to see it.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The problem is that I can't remove the door panel with the door closed...(That's the reason why I'm looking for help)

You can too remove the door panel. You need to remove the lower seat cushion then you can remove the door panel.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Ok, got it. I'll be doing it ASAP. Thanks in advance Wayne!

No problem. Let me know if you need anything further and please be sure to rate my service or I will not get credit for helping you today. THanks