Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.

I have Seat Leon Mk1 03 plate. Had misfire recently -

Customer Question

I have Seat Leon Mk1 03 plate. Had misfire recently - replaced 2 coil packs (the other two were replaced recently) and all was well for a while. It now goes into intermittent misfire after about 10 miles. I have checked coil pack connection with plugs but not sure what else to do.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

If you have not had the fuel injectors tested/checked at all this should be done.I have seen fuel injectors cause this type of fault here before needing replaced.Also check the wiring leading to the injectors and see if any wiring is found to be damaged in any way needing repaired.Wiggle the engine wiring harness while the engine is running to see if the misfire occurs again.This will help locate if this is a wiring fault on the engine needing repaired.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete