Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.

ML c280 sport CDi, rear door will not open, I've no wipers

Customer Question

ML c280 sport CDi, rear door will not open, I've no wipers or indicators and fault on dash showing dashboard display error. Also cannot lock the vehicle
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

This issue here in allot of cases can be due to a fault with the Front SAM control unit or another internal ecu fault with one of your vehicles ECU's.What needs to be done from here is to have the fault codes checked/read out with either a dealers SDS machine or a compatible scan tool to see what codes are set and then from there those codes diagnosed to locate and repair this issue.I suspect the SAM control unit may need replaced to correct this fault here.This can run over $500 in most cases to have replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete