sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience

Side brake lights not working but Top one is changed break

Customer Question

Side brake lights not working but Top one is changed break light switch but no change
JA: Have you checked the bulb? Could it be a faulty fuse?
Customer: Both bulbs look great and fuse is ok
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: All other indicator side and reverse lights work
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Changed break light switch and inspected bulbs and fuse all ok
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Kia Mechanic should know about your Kia?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Kia Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  K. Wiggins replied 4 months ago.

Hello, what's the year, model and engine size of the vehicle?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
2007 carens 2000

Thanks, ***** ***** open this back up to other experts as I do not have wiring diagrams for this model. Someone should be with you shortly.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Ok but please try to be asap as car is now not drive able
Expert:  Dan replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** can help you with this.

Have you checked both brake light bulbs?

It cannot be a brake switch as you said the 3rd light is working.

Check bulbs, Put a long extension between the seat and the pedal to keep the brake lights on. Use a test light to verify voltage at the connector. There will only be a few wires to check. If you have voltage, check connector pin fit, or replace the bulb. Some vehicles have integrated tail light circuits inside the lamp housing. If you have voltage to the connector and your bulbs are good, replace the lamp housing. If you do not have voltage you are going to need to diagnose the wiring circuit.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I checked there is no voltage to the bulb connectors the bulbs are ok and the connectors are testing ok
Expert:  Dan replied 4 months ago.

I am not able to get a wiring diagram for your vehicle, I am going to opt out and let another expert help you with this.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Look guys I have been trying to sort this out for five days now so tell me how to fix this or just arrange a refund
No reply from for two days now
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

I see that your question has been up for an extended time without a response and a couple experts have tried to help. Your question has been seen by dozens of experts in that time and unfortunately I believe that either noone currently active on the site has a wiring diagram for this vehicle being that it's not a US vehicle, or noone with access feels comfortable helping with this issue.

Have you contacted your dealer's service department? If you contact the service department they most likely wouldn't have an issue with printing some brake light wiring diagrams for you.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I want a refund because you don't have wiring diagram for my car and therefore have not helped me solve my problem

If you would like a refund of your deposit you can do so from your screen.