Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.

VW t5 2006 2.5 LWB, with a facelift fitted 2 years ago, The

Customer Question

VW t5 2006 2.5 LWB, with a facelift fitted 2 years ago,
The problem is the blue main beam tell tale light on the instrument panel doesn't come on when the stalk is pushed or pulled, yet the main beam lights work at the front of the van,
Now the main beam doesn't work at permanently on, (stalk forward) but works as flash(stalk backwards)
With still no blue main beam tell tale light at the instrument panel.
I think, maybe a bad connection at the steering column control unit, or its faulty?
I have tried to look for an answer, but get told different things via different car garages,
And would like another opinion, preferably from a VW person.
Any ideas, or info is much appreciated.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Usually this cause here is caused by a faulty stalk/switch assembly as it sends out the signals to turn on the high beams and low beams when selected and on some models a signal to activate the blue light.Since the main beams or high beams will not stay on in any position with this switch this usually indicates the switch itself is the cause here needing replaced.I would have this tested further to verify this but this does sound like the cause here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete