Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years

I have a 2006 Nissan Xtrail 2.2DTCI. While running Idle

Customer Question

I have a 2006 Nissan Xtrail 2.2DTCI. While running Idle there is a lot of vibration. Revs do not fluctuate but are stable at around 700-800 Rpm. Had a garage to see if they could identify or read any any fault codes. What came up was Air Temperature sensor reading 100 Degrees and air/Fuel sensor reading 0mv. Cant seem to find the two sensors on the vehicle?
JA: Let's get those codes to the mechanic so you two can figure this issue out ASAP. How many miles are on the car?
Customer: 110000
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes if possible as budget is very tight
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: As i said I could not locate the two sensors. Ive tried a new Mass Air Flow Sensor, but that has' nt made any difference
JA: Is there anything else the Nissan Mechanic should be aware of about your Nissan?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Nissan Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Matt replied 4 months ago.

the air temp sensor is built into the MAF ( mass airflow ) sensor that is located on the air intake trunking just after the air filter box so check the wiring to that sensor is in good condition before considering a new sensor

and the air / fuel sensor is the oxygen sensor in the exhaust, and these can fail over time so I'd again check its wiring for damage and its connector for corrosion and if thats OK then replace with new

Expert:  Matt replied 4 months ago.

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you