Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.

I have a mk2 2005 focus, 1.6 TDCi. I have everything on the

Customer Question

I have a mk2 2005 focus, 1.6 TDCi. I have everything on the cat needed for cruise control...all the wiring, pedal stitches and steering wheel. I also have access to IDS. I am looking for the procedure to activate cruise control within the various modules and pcm.
Category: UK Car
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The car also has keyless entry and ignition. It's the sort worth the switch in the ignition barrel and not the latter Ford power button.
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

I see no one has posted any help with this here.In some cases this can be due to the info you may be looking for may be difficult to obtain or the correct person that can help may not be online.

This is probably something a dealer will need to obtain for you on this model here.They may need to do some reprogramming or see if they can obtain any special programming needed to convert this model to cruise control from the manufacturer.If this is not an option or was already checked into with no success let me know so we can continue from here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you for your reply. I do know that it is possible to reprogram the modules on the car and I have no issue with that except the PCM. I just wanted to ascertain the exact procedure for enabling the speed control within the PCM itself. I know there are people on here that a familiar with this as I have seen them answer very similar questions before.I am surprised nobody has answered me yet.
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

Unfortunately this is all of the info I have on this here myself.

Would you like me to opt out for others to see if they can assist further?

Let me know,thanks Pete

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
please. I specifically need someone with experience of module programming using Ford IDS.Thank you for your reply though. Much appreciated.
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

No problem

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete