Master Auto Tech.
Master Auto Tech., master tech.
Experience:  A.S.E. Master technician. Over 20 years working on import & domestic. Owner/operator of an auto shop
17920890

The fans have stopped working after a burning smell :

Customer Question

The fans have stopped working after a burning smell
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Renault. The Renault Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Literally there was a burning smell and the fan stopped working it's a megane 2010 model There still appears to be heat and aircon but the fan doesn't work Hi pearl are you still therr
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Taken the glove box out and can see the fan module but no I am stumped, do you know which fuse it is also as I should check that
JA: Have you found the car's fuse panel? Do you know what fuse number you need?
Customer: Not sure which fuse, I know where the fuse panel is
JA: Is there anything else the Renault Mechanic should be aware of about your Renault?
Customer: Don't think so
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Renault Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Car
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
All paid, can I get the answer now?
Expert:  Master Auto Tech. replied 10 months ago.

I'm sorry you are having problems with your vehicle. I will try to help.

I'm a full time mechanic and have been a mechanic for over 20 yrs and I work part-time here on JustAnswer to help you and others repair their own vehicles, and I get credited by your ratings.. So before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as neeed, even after the rating.. I will need for you to be my hands and eyes since I'm not there.

Hi, I noticed that your question has gone unanswered. I can try to help if you want. We don't have that car in my part of the world but I can help you test some things to see what is going on if you like?

if you want me to help, I need to know a few things. Do you have a volt meter or a test light? If you do, can you take the wire and unplug it from the blower motor? then turn the blower to full power and test and see if you have power there.

let me know what you find so I can continue to assist. Thanks Sonny