virtual auto tech.
virtual auto tech., master tech.
Experience:  A.S.E. Master technician. Over 13 years working on import & domestic. Owner/operator of an auto shop

Rear door not unlocking and rear speakers only work

Customer Question

rear door not unlocking and rear speakers only work sometimes
JA: How many miles are on the car? Has this ever happened before?
Customer: 70,000 miles speaker have been playing up for a while
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: kuga 08
JA: What year is your Ford?
Customer: 2008
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes i have not tried anything so far
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  virtual auto tech. replied 4 months ago.
I'm sorry you are having problems with your vehicle. I will try to help.I'm a full time mechanic and have been a mechanic for over 20 yrs and I work part-time here on JustAnswer to help you and others repair their own vehicles, and I get credited by your ratings.. So before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as neeed, even after the rating.. I will need for you to be my hands and eyes since I'm not there.So it sounds like it could be 1 of 2 possibilities.1) some broken wires in the door jam (where the wires go between the body and door and flex as the door is closed)2) there are 2 seperate issues. A speaker that is actually going bad or loose wires on it and a lock actuator that is messing up.I'd start by checking the wires. Maybe have the radio on and grab the rubber tube the wires go thru and see if the speaker acts up or starts playing.Let me know what happens and I'll continue to assist.Thanks
I strive to provide 5 star service. If I have satisfactorily answered your question please rate it as such and hit submit. Doing so is the only way I get compensated for my time. Also it doesn't close the discussion so we will still be able to communicate if there are further questions.
Do you still need help with this problem?