UK Car Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP
Welcome to ja.com
I hope i can help you today but first i just need to ask some questions so that my answer is better sourced.
1. Is the car down on power at all since it has started doing this?
2. Does the rattling noise get harder or faster with the revs?
3. Does the car seem to be using any oil at all?
4. As you can appreciate, I do not know your technical knowledge so can i ask if you are hoping to fix this yourself or are you going to get someone else to do it for you once you have the answer?
I look forward to your replies.
Thank you in advance
Thank you for your reply.
I just need to ask a couple more questions though if that is ok.
1. Would you say it is a lot of black smoke or just that it is noticable?
2. Have they checked the operation of the turbo at all and also checked it for end float play? Because the rattle may be coming from the turbo and if there was play in the shaft this would in turn cause the rattling noise to get harder when accelerating.
3. Also can you ask if they have checked that the timing is correct. This is a chain driven engine and if the guides had worn or the chain had stretched this would also cause a rattle under acceleration and could also cause black smoke.
I'm sorry for asking all the questions, i just want to make sure i have all the information i can get before i give you a diffinitive answer thats all.
I look forward to your reply once again.