Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.

My 2005 vito has come up with a warning light a1e15 and also

Customer Question

my 2005 vito has come up with a warning light a1e15 and also the ESP light has come on.
JA: Do you know the code? When was the last time you had new tires mounted?
Customer: i had new pads fitted the other day, tyres are as i bought it (used) last year. The rear drivers side tyre does have a very slow puncture which i keep topping up
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: depends i guess, or i will take it to my merc specialist.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Mercedes Mechanic should know about your Mercedes?
Customer: the speed limiter stopped working yesterday but the warning light seems to have gone now
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mercedes Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The first thing that needs done here is to have the fault codes read out/checked to see what codes are set.Once this has been done any codes set need diagnosed to help locate and repair this issue here.This needs done with a compatible scan tool that can read all computers in your model or a dealers sds machine.This may be a wheel speed sensor at fault or possibly a vehicle speed sensor at fault needing replaced as well as other sensors/components.Having the codes read out will help locate the fault here.This is best done by a dealer as they have the correct equipment for this testing and knowledge to diagnose and repair.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi Pete, I appreciate your response but have to say i am a bit disappointed with the service (not you) i have to pay for something that i wanted an answer for yesterday but has taken 24 hrs. I have since already established an answer elsewhere. I do fully understand this is not your fault or issue but the service is not what i was led to believe and feel the fee paid as such is unacceptable. Would you forward this to your administration team please for a response.
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

Once again I do apologize for the delay and posted as soon as I saw your question myself.If you would like I can help with anything else you may have on your model here.Let me know if this is something you would like to do.

Thanks Pete