Wolfgang, Master Vw/Audi Tech
Experience:  15 yr Master VW/AUDI Technician Shop Foreman

I bought a 2007, 13 pin trailer harness, 2007 VW Passat, to

Customer Question

Hi David, I bought a 2007, 13 pin trailer harness, for my 2007 VW Passat, to find out that my car is a 2008 model that was produced in 2007. I need fuse box drawing and fuse assignation for the 2007 & 2008 models so that I can see what goes where.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

I see no one has posted any help with this here.In some cases this can be due to the info you may be looking for may be difficult to obtain or the correct person that can help may not be online.

Since no one has posted the fuse box info on this model here in some cases this can indicate this info is difficult to obtain.You might have to obtain this info for the fuse box and wiring on this model from a dealer in some cases.They may charge a small fee for this.If this is not an option for you and you want to continue here instead for this info let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Is this just a response to be able to say that you always respond in a day? If so it's not appropriate or appreciated.
Yes of course I would still like an answer otherwise I wouldn't have paid for the privilege of asking the question.
(Repeating the same thing to make a long message is not welcome. I am time poor)
If you need more info on the car please just ask, however I don't think that you should need anything more.
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

Unfortunately this is the only info I have on this myself here but others here may be able to assist further.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Expert:  Wolfgang replied 4 months ago.

TONY , Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!

I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please
understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem
with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer
data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we
just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the
vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. I am also going to
direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be
patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail.

• in the spare tire are is a white 3x5 sticker with option codes . i need the pic of that sticker to get the factory information.
  • second i do need the pic of the harness itself to make sure that i have the correct connector view at the body end and trailer end .

some of this info may be proprietary . Some time may be at an issue to get the correect information to assist!!

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi Wolfgang,
Thanks for responding.
I have attached a picture of the sticker. From the VIN number it is the 2008 model. I'm not at home so I don't have a picture of harness, however I have attached stock pictures of the OEM 13 Pin Harness that I bought. The harness is fitted up to the fusebox point.
As the instructions just say which location to connect each cable, and not which fuse, if I have both the 2007 and the 2008 fuse box diagrams I can see where they now need to be fitted.
Can you please not include all the standard phrases in the response, I just want a concise answer.
Indeed if you just send me the diagrams I will be happy.
Best regards,
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 4 months ago.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi Wolfgang,
I keep getting emails to "rate you" but I have not had anything yet.
I'm not too impressed by the service so far. The website promised an answer within a day, but it has been a week already.
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 4 months ago.

Tony My Apologies on this!!! I had a family emergency over the weekend and now just getting back home . let me double check my info on this and will get back!!

once again my apologies beyond my control!!!

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 4 months ago.

this is what i have to start for you still working on other info!!

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi Wolfgang,
Sorry to hear of you family emergency.
Have you had any luck with the fusebox diagrams yet? If not do you have a timescale, or should I go elsewhere?
Best regards
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 4 months ago.

I'm having issues getting the correct diagram for you . if you want i can open the question up for others. just let me know!!

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hi Wolfgang,
We don't appear to be any closer to finding this information and another week has passed.
If you don't have the information then yes, please open the question for others.
Best regards,
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 3 months ago.

ok Tony