Marty, European Car Expert
Experience:  ASE & Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 30 years experience.

It seems that there is some problem with the starter motor.

Customer Question

it seems that there is some problem with the starter motor. Made a terrible noise for a while, then ran fine for the rest of the trip (back from Scotland). Will not start this morning; there is power, but the engine will not turn oner.
JA: Does the engine turn over? How old is the battery?
Customer: see above!
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: no. I am a lawyer, not a mechanic
JA: OK! The Nissan Mechanic will help you with the diagnostics so you are sure to get this fixed right. Is there anything else important you think the Nissan Mechanic should know about your Nissan?
Customer: 2005 model, urbis, which i bought last week
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Nissan Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Nathan replied 4 months ago.

Hi there.

Welcome to

I hope i can help you today but first i just need to ask some questions so that my answer is better sourced.

1. You say that it made a terrible noise for a while then ran ran ok for the rst of your trip. Was it making a noise while driving along or just while trying to start it?

2. Was the car making any funny noises under engine cranking any time before this trip?

3. After you got home, did you try and start the car at all ( before this morning i mean) and if you did, did it start?

I look forward to your replies.

Thank you in advance