Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.

My mk3 mondeo (2.0 TDDI) occasionally cuts out, after the

Customer Question

Hi Pearl, my mk3 mondeo (2.0 TDDI) occasionally cuts out, after the glow plug flashes a few times. Fault codes (read today after the fault; were recently reset, so these are definitely new fault codes) are P0100 (? unrelated), P1563, P1664. I need to be sure if it's the fuel pump that needs replacing, is there any way to confirm that it's definitely the fuel pump please?
JA: Have you seen this code before? Have you tried a hard reset?
Customer: I had already reset the codes about 2 months ago (for same issue) and car seemed to run fine for about 2 months without issue and with no fault codes showing up (until today).
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: maybe, depends what the fault is; I can work over the bonnet but not under the car.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Ford Mechanic should know about your Ford?
Customer: mileage is 187000; recently replaced diesel filter
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

Hi,my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to try to assist you with this.I may need more information in some cases to help with answering your question.

Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

You would want to have the fuel pump pressure tested as well as any voltage and ground signals to the pump to verify that it is the cause here needing replaced.This is usually done with a fuel pump pressure test gauge and a multi meter to test the signals for it.This is the best way to test this to see if the pump itself needs replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete