sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

The back door wont lock on my Nissan terrano 11 S TDI : All

Customer Question

the back door wont lock on my Nissan terrano 11 S TDI
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Nissan. The Nissan Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: All the doors lock on the locking system but the boot door wont lock.
JA: Is it your first time dealing with this issue?
Customer: yes
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: no just wanted advice on what it might be and how much we might need to pay to get it fixed
JA: OK! The Nissan Mechanic will help you with the diagnostics so you are sure to get this fixed right. I'm not sure of the exact price, but there's only a $5 deposit. The rest of the price information will be on the page I send you to.
Customer: so what do I do now
JA: Is there anything else the Nissan Mechanic should be aware of about your Nissan?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Nissan Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Car
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 6 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

The problem may be a mechanical failure of the latch or linkage or it may be an electrical issue depending on what you're actually experiencing. A failed lock actuator or wiring issue could prevent the power lock from working.

Are you able to unlock the door manually?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No

Is the lock rod physically unable to move?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.

The door panel will need to be removed for physical inspection to ensure there is nothing blocking the linkage from moving, if ok then the latch has failed and will need to be replaced.