Lou P
Lou P, UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  15+ years experience in the automotive field on all types of vehicles with access to diagrams and repair info.

Mercedes c180 w203 heater stopped working

Customer Question

Category: UK Car
Expert:  Lou P replied 5 months ago.

Hello, when you say the heater stopped working do you mean it no longer blows air? or that it no longer has heat?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi LouIt no longer heats. The air blows cold.RegardsAkesh
Expert:  Lou P replied 4 months ago.

Ok thanks , does it not blow warm from any vent on the front dash ? Can you hear clicking behind the dash when changing from full hot to full cold?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It does not blow any hot air from any vent and it does not make any noises if you move from hot to cold or vis versa
Expert:  Lou P replied 4 months ago.

Ok there is a electric pump located on the passenger front frame of you follow the coolant rubber hoses you will see it. We need to see if this pump is working and buzzing. Then feel and see if the rubber hoses are getting hot all the way up to the wiper cowl area. We need to determine if the heater core is clogged or if the coolant is not flowing or if the motors that allow the air to be opened into the heater core are working. Also I want you to see if you get heat after doing a test for me. Warm up the car and then turn the fan up and press and hold the

Expert:  Lou P replied 4 months ago.

bottom 2 left buttons. They are the defrost and recirculate button. If you hold then about 6 seconds there will be a light that will come on and flash between the two it will relearn all the motors in the dash. See if at any time you feel heat. The motors should take about 30 seconds to relearn. If the lights keep flashing for a minute or more then you have a issue with the motors in the dash. At that point you need to get the codes read with a scan tool to see what motor is bad. Usually a motor fails or a link for the motor. Either way the dash will need to come out to check those. So let me know what you find with all the info I have given you. Lou P