Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.

I have anot ML 270CDi and it doesn't seem to be doing the

Customer Question

I have anot ML 270CDi and it doesn't seem to be doing the checks when you turn on the igniton you either get all the warning lights on and two go out or two come on and then go out but the car cranks but doesn't start.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

Hi,my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to try to assist you with this.I may need more information in some cases to help with answering your question.

Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

This can sometimes be due to an internal electrical fault with the electronic ignition switch itself in some cases.I have seen this switch fail before in the past needing replaced.If you have not had the fault codes checked/read out at all to see what codes are set this needs done using a scan tool that can read all computers.The scan tool or dealers sds machine may also be needed to monitor signals from the switch to see if it is faulty as well.This will have to be tested further to pinpoint and repair this issue here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete