Greg
Greg, Shop Owner
Experience:  17 years Shop Owner /Technician. 27 years experience,
29331485

Honda civic type r 2009 power steering light is on and fault

Customer Question

Hi Honda civic type r 2009 power steering light is on and fault codes read 22-01 faulty engine speed sensor any ideas ? Cheers
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Greg replied 8 months ago.

Hi, I'm Greg (Indy-Tech).
Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.
Rgds Greg.

Expert:  Greg replied 8 months ago.

I also see you have had the ESP replaced and still have the same code .strange as this is a known issue

where the ESP is the problem .this is why it was probably replaced without going thought the correct repair procedures .

The following test should of been done first .

DTC Troubleshooting: 22-01

DTC 22-01: Engine Speed Signal (Initial diagnosis)

NOTE: If the MIL indicator is on, troubleshoot the PGM-FI system first.

1.Turn the ignition switch OFF.

2.Connect the HDS to the data link connector (DLC).

3.Start the engine.

4.Check the NE in the DATA LIST with the HDS.

Is there 0 engine rpm at idle?

YES - Go to 5.

NO - The system is OK at this time.

5.Turn the ignition switch OFF.

6.Disconnect the ECM/PCM connector A (44P) and EPS control unit connector D (28P).

7.Check for continuity between EPS control unit connector D (28P) terminal No. 3 and body ground.

Is there continuity?

YES - Repair short to body in the wire between the EPS control unit and ECM/PCM.n

NO - Go to 8.

8.Connect the ECM/PCM connector A (44P).

9.Turn the ignition switch ON (II).

10.Measure the voltage between ECM/PCM connector A (44P) terminal No. 28 and body ground.

Is there battery voltage?

YES - Go to 11.

NO - Check for loose terminals in the ECM/PCM connector A (44P), and repair if necessary. If no poor connections are found replace the ECM/PCM: R18A1 engine model, K20Z2 engine model.n

11.Measure the voltage between EPS control unit connector D (28P) terminal No. 3 and body ground.

Is there battery voltage?

YES - Check for loose terminals in the EPS control unit D (28P) connector, and repair if necessary. If no poor connections are found, replace the EPS control unit.n

NO - Repair open in the wire between the EPS control unit and ECM/PCM.n

Still need additional information then please get back to me with the reply button, and not the poor or bad service, this way i can get back to you or suggest another expert if needed.

Your deposit does not pay me until the answer is rated in a positive way,
A bad rating does not constitute a refund.
If you are not happy or you have sorted out your problem before the answer then please let me know with the reply button .
Kind regards Greg.