sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

The Drivers seat position sensor when removed is in 2 pices

Customer Question

The Drivers seat position sensor when removed is in 2 pices (removed as trying to rectify an airbag warning light onmy 2006 1.9 Vectra Sport. Assume its broken and have sourced a new one - just not sure if fitting replacement will fix. is there something else that is used to trigger the sensor on the seat rail somewhere
JA: Do you have the trouble code? Do you have a code reader or scan tool?
Customer: no
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: All connectiins under seat have been dried and cleaned. Seat has been removed and sensor definately looks broken (the lugs holding the 2 bits together are very flimsy. Have glued the sensor back together with a view to refitting. the sensor part number is(###) ###-####
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Saab Mechanic should know about your Saab?
Customer: its a standard Vectra Sport - has been plagued with warning light problems - this is the only one at the moment. Theres also a large V shaped clip which was attached to the seat rail - haven't go a clue what that is for - didn't seem to be doing anything when it was removed - not holding anything on and was too far back to have anything to do with sensor I think
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Saab Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 6 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

It's definitely possible that you could have more than just this broken sensor causing the airbag light to come on, but this sensor not functioning will definitely turn the light on. A scan tool capable of communication with the airbag module would be necessary to begin diagnosis of the light, assuming this didn't take care of it. If you don't have access to a scan tool and have found definite physical damage to the sensor then I would recommend continuing with it's replacement and hopefully that will take care of the light.