Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

Got a 2002 2.4 tddi transit d2fa. Came in as non start and

Customer Question

got a 2002 2.4 tddi transit d2fa. Came in as non start and wouldn't even try to fire. Have checked timing, condition and continuity of wires to pump and all seem ok. Replaced pump and now after a little cranking will fire and run for a few seconds then cut out and won't restart unless I leave it for a few mins. Any ideas? Thanks
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.

Hi,my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to try to assist you with this.I may need more information in some cases to help with answering your question.

Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.

My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Some models use a crank position sensor to send signal of the crank shaft position which works with the operation of the spark or fuel injector control signals and can act up/fail and cause an issue like this here.If this has not been tested to see if this is the cause here this needs done.I have had to replace several crank sensors in the past before for similar issues like this here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete