sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience

I have a 2005 soft top crossfire. I can't seem to get the

Customer Question

Hi I have a 2005 soft top crossfire. I can't seem to get the remote key working the doors. I have changes to new batteries but still nothing.
The locking works once I am in car and operate the lock switch on dash. All doors boot and fuel flap work.
When driving the doors also lock once moving, as they should.
Good works all fine aswell.
Please can u give a little help. Thanks Jason.
Category: UK Car
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Still waiting a reply. I was told there was someone waiting to answer question!!!
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 5 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

If the engine starts and runs and the power locks work normally but keyless entry does not then odds are it isn't transmitting when you're pressing the buttons. If the batteries have been replaced and you didn't see any physical damage inside (such as the battery contact) then the next step will be to have the key tested to see if it is transmitting. If it isn't transmitting yet the batteries are good then the key will need to be replaced. Many shops or any dealer will have a key fob tester, here in the US most parts stores will also test fobs for free.