sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience

The roof of my 2010 SL 350 is working but the centre cover

Customer Question

The roof of my 2010 SL 350 is working but the centre cover panel is remaning down , not flipping up to cover the space forward of the boot lid when the top is stowed
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Mercedes. The Mercedes Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: The centre vinyl covered panel that covers the area forward of the boot lid when the top is retracted is not working , leaving an open space when the top,is stowed
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have checked that the wheel on the panel is free to rotate and lubricated it with silicon
JA: Is there anything else the Mercedes Mechanic should be aware of about your Mercedes?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mercedes Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

It appears you're having trouble with the tonneau, which extends into place in front of the trunk lid when the top is down. The problem may be mechanical or electrical, a scan tool may be needed for diagnosis.

Does the top work otherwise normally or will it not move now?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
As I said originally the roof and boot (trunk) lid work perfectly , it is only the centre tonneau section

Do you a scan tool capable of communication with all modules?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No I have no electronic equipment so it looks like going to the MB agent.
Many thanks

You're welcome and good luck with it!