sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

I change my battery on my ACURA TL 2004 and now it ask me to

Customer Question

hi pearl, i change my battery on my ACURA TL 2004 and now it ask me to check my disc
JA: How many miles are on the car? Will the battery hold a charge?
Customer: 175 K and the battery is charged
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I changed my battery last week and since that, mys screen asked to check my disc.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yeah
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: nothing now i just want to buy another dvd to try it
JA: Is there anything else the Acura Mechanic should be aware of about your Acura?
Customer: no nothing
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Acura Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 9 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

I'm assuming it's the radio's navigation system you're having trouble with.

This could be a disc issue but is more likely to be an internal failure of the radio, not uncommon after a battery disconnect or jump start. An internal failure would require replacement of the unit or sending it out to a repair facility such as United Radio.

You can try another disc to rule out a disc issue, but with the problem starting after a battery disconnect, if the disc is in good physical condition then it shouldn't be a concern.