Greg
Greg, Shop Owner
Experience:  17 years Shop Owner /Technician. 27 years experience,
29331485

I have a Jaguar xkr convertible with a dead battery.To get

Customer Question

I have a Jaguar xkr convertible with a dead battery.To get to the battery I need to get the trunk to open. How do I open the trunk mechanically? Is there a connection to the battery cables in the front where I can charge the battery from there?
JA: Battery issues can be tough to diagnose - lots of things to consider. Luckily, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes, otherwise I need to tow it.
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Just tried to open the trunk
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Mechanic should know about your Jaguar?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Greg replied 6 months ago.

Hi, I'm Greg (Indy-Tech).
Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.
Rgds Greg.

Expert:  Greg replied 6 months ago.

There is under the bonnet / hood a pos and neg connection points for this issue .

Attached is a simula photo of your set up .

Hope this help if still having a problem please get back to me .

Still need additional information then please get back to me with the reply button, and not the poor or bad service, this way i can get back to you or suggest another expert if needed.

Your deposit does not pay me until the answer is rated in a positive way,
A bad rating does not constitute a refund.

If you are not happy or you have sorted out your problem before the answer then please let me know with the reply button .

Kind regards Greg.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I couldn´t find the possitive pole in the front, as it didn´t look the same as on the picture. You did´t answer how to get the trunk open?
Expert:  Greg replied 6 months ago.

What year .

All Jags with the battery in the back have the connections in the front .ones connected you can open the back .

Give me the year of your XKR please .

Greg

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
This is a 2007. Talked to the Jaguar mechanic, no connection in front, but boosted the fuse to open the trunk with remote.
Expert:  Greg replied 6 months ago.

Okay good work, thank you for getting back .

Happy motoring Greg