Marty
Marty, European Car Expert
Experience:  ASE & Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 30 years experience.
13230946

I have an 06 punto grande 1.4 8v which I'm having problems

Customer Question

I have an 06 punto grande 1.4 8v which I'm having problems starting when cold . Getting "excess radiator fluid temperature" message and takes a number of attempts to start as if engine is not getting any "choke" . When warm starts ok and once started runs fine .
Would appear some sort of temperature sensor is giving false reading to engine ??
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Technicaldan replied 6 months ago.

Hi, I would agree with your diagnosis, it would appear that your engine coolant temperature sensor is faulty. What is it you would like to know?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
How easy and accessible is it to replace ? Is it something I could easily do myself ?

Yes, you can get the part of euro car parts as you are uk based by your number plate, they're only about £15 usually.

I've linked an image of what it looks like the one you want, the two pin one, not a single pin if that is offered.

I'm pretty sure it's below the coil pack but i'm struggling to find an image as my laptop has died.

There's plenty or room in those engine bays from memory to see it though.

You would unplug and unscrew the original sensor, screw the new one in, plug it in and then bleed up the engine, shouldn't take long.