sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience

I hav a ford focus cc3 my engine has stopped working but the

Customer Question

I hav a ford focus cc3 my engine has stopped working but the roof is down
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Ford. The Ford Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: How do I get the roof up without the engine running ?
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: not sure, it happened an hour ago.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Ford Mechanic should know about your Ford?
Customer: need roof up first incase it rains
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Car
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
What have I paid for ? What a terrible service ! I am going to contact someone and compain. You have taken money oit of my account for no advice at all !!!!
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

The top should raise regardless of the engine running but if battery voltage is low enough that could prevent it from working. If the engine died because of a charging system issue for instance and now the battery is near dead that would explain the top not working.

Did the battery die while driving?