Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.

Got 270ML Mercedes Benz - I had a starting problem and

Customer Question

Got 270ML Mercedes Benz - I had a starting problem and changed all the nozzles- it stopped the starting problem but when driving the engine cut off and the car stop to standstill - after few minute it starts all again but after some few kilometres I get the same problem - pls help
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Mercedes. The Mercedes Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: No but have to send it to a mechanic
JA: OK! The Mercedes Mechanic will help you with the diagnostics so you are sure to get this fixed right. Is there anything else the Mercedes Mechanic should be aware of about your Mercedes?
Customer: Ok but would appreciate if you would let me know the problem so that I can explain to my mechanic
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mercedes Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

One of the more common causes for an engine stall out where the engine may have to sit anywhere from 1 minute to an hour or more before it restarts on this model here is the crank position sensor/rpm sensor at fault.This sensor fails or acts up intermittently and usually causes this issue here.

The first thing that will need to be done is to have the fault codes checked/read out to see what codes are set and from there the codes diagnosed to locate and repair this issue here.A scan tool plugged into your vehicle can also be used to monitor the engine rpm data signal when cranking over the engine and when this issue occurs and it will not restart check to see if there is an engine rpm signal while cranking.If there is not then the crank/rpm sensor needs replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete