Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.

I have a 2004 Peugeot 407 2.0hdi 136bhp with auto gearbox

Customer Question

Hello, I'm Lino Camilleri. I have a 2004 Peugeot 407 2.0hdi 136bhp with auto gearbox and 148000 miles.. The car occasionally starts advancing and retarding revs slightly but noticeably when I start driving from rest. This does not happen when engine is still cold. I removed and cleaned the EGR last week and changed the automatic transmission fluid to no avail.
JA: Many things can cause problems with an automatic transmission. Some simple, some complicated. Fortunately, the mechanics we work with have tons of experience dealing with them. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Hi, I'm not so sure it's coming from the auto box since the fault is intermittent and after a good run with high revs it seems to work fine again! Thanks Regards
JA: Is there anything else the Peugeot Mechanic should be aware of about your Peugeot?
Customer: Not that I can think of!! Thanks again
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Peugeot Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

If you have not had the engine checked over for any vacuum leaks this needs done.If any vacuum leaks are found this will cause this fault here and the leaks will need to be repaired to correct this issue.I have seen vacuum hoses damaged or disconnected cause this as well as leaking intake gaskets needing replaced.I would have this checked/tested further to see if this is a vacuum leak issue here needing repaired or replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
ok I'll try this first
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

Your welcome.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here as this is how I receive credit for my time.

Thanks Pete