Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

The central locking has stopped working on my 206, you can

Customer Question

Hi there, the central locking has stopped working on my 206, you can lock the doors one at a time with the pins or the key, but when locking drivers door/passenger door, the boot still locks, but doesn't unlock again.
I can hear a relay clicking at the bsi when locking the doors, but not when unlocking
Jim
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

If you have not had the fault codes checked/read out at all to see if any codes are set this needs done first here.If any codes are set the codes will need diagnosed and repaired to correct this issue here.If no codes are set this may be a fault with a control unit/ecu that works with the lock system as some have built in relays that can fail and in this case usually the control unit itself needs replaced.This will have to be tested further to be sure of the cause and then repaired from there.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete