sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

My 2011 1.5 Acenta seemed to occasionally lose power then

Customer Question

My 2011 1.5 Acenta seemed to occasionally lose power then took off again with no further difficulty. However yesterday the red warning light came on with the orange wavy lines button. I was advised not to drive it & it has been towed to the Nissan dealership in my nearest town . Do you think this is a serious problem & will it recur? Many thanks Lyn
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Do you happen to have the code?
Customer: Sorry phone just rang. Code is 1.5 Acenta pure. Is that what you want ? Am not very technically minded!
JA: I'll pass this info along to the Nissan Mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: No
JA: OK! The Nissan Mechanic will help you with the diagnostics so you are sure to get this fixed right. Is there anything else the Nissan Mechanic should be aware of about your Nissan?
Customer: I got a diagnostic test from a local garage & he wrote stuff on a piece of paper which I handed in with the car. Maybe that was silly. I think it said something about abs .
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Nissan Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 6 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

A loss of power can literally be caused by dozens of things. You may be losing fuel pressure, you could have an inaccurate sensor such as a MAP or MAF sensor causing the engine to run abnormally rich or lean, the engine may be going into limp in. If the engine controller sees an issue that it believes will inhibit it's ability to properly control RPM or it believes there is the potential for damage it can purposely limit power, such as when there is an electronic throttle control system issue.

Do you know what fault codes had set?