Marty, European Car Expert
Experience:  ASE & Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 30 years experience.

Central locking stopped working on the buttons on the key.

Customer Question

Central locking stopped working on the buttons on the key. So bought a new key with 3 buttons on. I've took the metal part of the old key an put on to new 3 button part. Then done turn ig to 2. 8 times to program in still nothing on the buttons ?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Ford. The Ford Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yea if it's easy enough
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: What I typed above
JA: Is there anything else the Ford Mechanic should be aware of about your Ford?
Customer: Don't think so
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Kevin replied 4 months ago.

Hi im kevin what model of ford do you have ?