Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.

The key fob won't work. New battery fitted. Say no key

Customer Question

The key fob won't work. New battery fitted. Say no key detected
JA: Dealing with a malfunctioning key fob can be frustrating and really inconvenient -- the mechanics will have somegood ideas about what to do. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Open my car that was fine but when I was set to go it wouldn't start. Error message say key not detected
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: New battery
JA: Is there anything else the Ford Mechanic should be aware of about your Ford?
Customer: No usually works fine. The battery that was in it is only a few months old
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Try locking and unlocking the doors with the remote or key blade if equipped then try using the start function to see if the key is then detected.In some cases this reset works for this issue here.If this does not work then the fault is usually with the electronic key itself with it needing replaced and once replaced it will need programmed to your model by a dealer.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete