Ron, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  ASE tech with 34 years of fixing cars

My Saab 93 2007 won't except my fob. Have tried both keys

Customer Question

My Saab 93 2007 won't except my fob. Have tried both keys and changed the batteries.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Saab. The Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Car won't lock or unlock or except the fob.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes I am.
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Just changing the batteries.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Mechanic should know about your Saab?
Customer: No.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Ron replied 5 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.In most cases if the FOBs will not operate this usually means they have lost programming and you are going to need to start first with having the system scanned to see if there are any fault code setting. If you can get this done and post back with the results I will see if I can help you determine the cause.