Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

JA: . What is your issue regarding? Customer: I have

Customer Question

Hi
JA: Hi. What is your issue regarding?
Customer: I have Volksvagen crafter van semi automatic transmissin
JA: Many things can cause problems with an automatic transmission. Some simple, some complicated. Fortunately, the mechanics we work with have tons of experience dealing with them. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: the van doesn't turn on in the dashboard tere's a massage N Blinking
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: nothing
JA: Is there anything else the VW Mechanic should be aware of about your VW?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the VW Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Car
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hello
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

This may be a fault with the transmission position sensor/range sensor itself needing replaced.I would have the fault codes checked/read out with a compatible scan tool that can communicate with all computers to see what codes are set and from there the codes will help diagnose and repair this issue here.I would have this sensor checked into to see if it is the cause here needing replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hello
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
have a look at this youtube link I have the same problem
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Q0UcURKl3g
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
can you please help me
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.

This fault may be an issue with the transmission range/position sensor causing this fault here.If the sensor is not sending the correct signal that the transmission/gear box is in neutral it can cause this no start fault.If you have not had the fault codes checked/read out at all this needs done and has to be done with a fully compatible scan tool that can plug in and communicate with all computers.Once this is done any codes set need diagnosed to help locate the fault here.The scan tool will also help to determine if there is an issue with a transmission position/range sensor needing replaced.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi Pete,
Sorry for not responding, I was busy working outside. I have scanned the van today and these were the results:
'Mass Air Flow Sensor (G70) Intermittent P0104'
'Relay for Coolant After - Run (J151) Open Circuit P1917 - Intermittent'Please advise.
Regards, Omar
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.

These codes here usually will not cause the no start issue you see on your model.This still sounds like a fault with a transmission position/range sensor needing repaired or replaced.I would have this checked/tested further (and may be best done by a dealer or local repair center that works on this model here) to locate if a transmission component is the cause needing replaced.I suspect the range sensor/neutral position switch needing replaced possibly.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi Pete,
I have got a chance to scan the van but theres so many codes they're not related to the gearbox problem I had time yesterday. I found out this connectors causing the van not to start when I unplug them the van starts but won't change gear if I plug them back the van won't start and N keep blinking.
can you advise please
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.

Is there any damage or corrosion in the connection at all or with its wiring?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
no there's no corrosion and no damage
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.

That may be an issue with the transmission position sensor itself.I dont have a diagram of what this component is that you are unplugging but it does look to be on the transmission and can indicate that the transmission position sensor may be the cause here.The component you are unplugging is most likely at fault internally and needs replaced.You might contact a parts store to see if they can tell you what this sensor/component is to see if you can obtain it for replacement.

Thanks Pete