Kevin
Kevin, UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  Diagnostic technician at vw /audi specialist
84635724

Intermittent loss of power, had it put on computer by auto

Customer Question

intermittent loss of power, had it put on computer by auto gearbox specialist as i thought it was that . codes come up as 2510 check component Y100/1 right charge positioner and 0105 check component B5/1 charge pressure sensor, the signal is to high.
JA: Do you happen to have a code reader or scan tool? What size is your engine?
Customer: no ihad it done by someone else, the engine is 220 turbo diesel from 2003 c class
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: only if it is abolt on replacement that I am happy to do
JA: Is there anything else the Mercedes Mechanic should be aware of about your Mercedes?
Customer: not that i know off
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mercedes Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Kevin replied 8 months ago.
Hi im kevin the codes you have point to a fault within the electronic turbo actuator its very common for this part to fail.unfortunatly this part cannot be replaced seperatly and the whole turbo will need to be replaced
Expert:  Kevin replied 8 months ago.
please remember to rate my service and let me know if you need anything else at all
Expert:  Kevin replied 8 months ago.
Please rate my service and let me know if you need anything else at all