Kevin
Kevin, UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  Diagnostic technician at vw /audi specialist
84635724

I've got an oil leak on a 2005 Vauxhall Astra Life, 1396cc

Customer Question

I've got an oil leak on a 2005 Vauxhall Astra Life, 1396cc engine. I recently had the water pump changed on the car and I have been informed that it is sometimes common for an oil leak to happen after this?
How long would a repaire take and how much would it cost roughly?
Kind Regards,
Matt Auger
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Kevin replied 6 months ago.
Hi im kevin who informed you thst this is the case ? Wgere is oil leaking from ?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I've been told this by someone who has done an NVQ L2 in vehicle mechanics and seems to know his stuff, I didn't have the issue before I had my water pump changed though. I'm not 100% sure, I've noticed it whenever I stop and turn off the engine, primarily in the wet.
Expert:  Kevin replied 6 months ago.
Ok the water pump on this engine has no relation at all with any item oil related .the water pump is purely a bolt on item .it you have an oil leak then something has been done very wrong there is no need at all to disturb anything oil related