Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

The battery died on my MK 3 clio 197. Replaced with a new

Customer Question

Hi, The battery died on my MK 3 clio 197. Replaced with a new battery and now car will not start. Both the keycards unlock the car but the immobiliser will not allow the engine to start. The immobiliser light still flashes and the engine turns over but no start. Any ideas? thanks
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay. What has to be done here to correct this fault is to have the anti theft/immobilizer relearned to allow starting of the vehicle.In most cases this has to be done by a dealer with their computer or scan tool plugged into your model and a procedure followed to relearn the theft system to allow starting.Most places charge anywhere from a half hour labor to an hour labor to do this here. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete