Ron, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  ASE tech with 34 years of fixing cars

I'm andy My 1.8tdci 07 focus has pulling away issues. It

Customer Question

Hi. I'm andy
My 1.8tdci 07 focus has pulling away issues. It often struggles to raise revs over 2000, especially if I have been idle or rolled down a hill towards the junction. A quick of and in of the ignition brings it back to life, but I fear this will be doing more harm. No warning lights, therefore no fault codes.
Thanks for your help
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Ron replied 5 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Not having any warning light makes this one a bit of a challenge to trace down and determine the cause , so it comes down to some basic testing. I would start first with installing a fuel gauge and monitor the fuel pressure while the problem is occurring. If you have access to a scan tool that can read the data stream I would connect it and monitor the data stream while the problem is occurring to see if you can determine which signal is dropping out. In most cases he computer will detect this fault and set and store a fault code.