Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.

I cant open the bonnet on my primastar vanJA: Sometimes

Customer Question

hi I cant open the bonnet on my primastar van
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Nissan. The Nissan Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: i pull the release lever nothing happens, i can get my fingers under the bonet and pull the lever, it still wont pop
JA: Many things can cause a car to make those weird sounds. Some simple, some complicated. Fortunately, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes as i need to have it tomorrow
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: have taken the wire out of the lever housing to try and get a better pull, but it still will not pop
JA: Is there anything else the Nissan Mechanic should be aware of about your Nissan?
Customer: no, it is well serviced by garrage
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Nissan Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. If you havent yet try pushing down or pulling up on the hood at the same time you are trying to release it with the cable.In some cases the latch can bind and cause this and this may free it up for proper operation.If it does open use a small amount of grease type lubricant on the latch to help free it up after. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Waited to long for a answer,sorted it myself, the guide for the bonnet to allow the spring to go in had misaligned,realigned it, it's now fine
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.
That is great to hear.If you need anything else here or in the future let me know. Thanks Pete