Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.

JA: . What is your issue regarding? Customer: I have a

Customer Question

JA: Hi. What is your issue regarding?
Customer: I have a Navara which, from the outset, has a (very often) recurring problem. It has been in and out of the Nissan dealer over here in France but to no avail. The problem is that once the engine starts it then stalls even if I rev hard. After that I have to wait at least 5 minutes before attempting to start again. Also - and much more serious - often when I am driving the engine loses all power and obviously slows the car immediately. The only solution then is to stop completely if possible, to turn the engine off and then to restart - keeping my fingers crossed that it will restart. It is dangerous, tiresome and means that I can no longer have any confidence in my car nor in the name of Nissan ****** *******
JA: Whether it's at the end of the driveway or on the highway, a car stalling can be dangerous. The good news is the mechanics we work with have tons of experience dealing with all kinds of engine issues. How old is the battery?
JA: Does the car stall out mainly when going up or down hills?
Customer: No it does it on motorways and flat roads
JA: Got it. I'll pass this info along to the mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: If I can with your help but not spending any long time. If not I'd prefer that a competent dealer settles it once and for all
JA: Is there anything else the Nissan Mechanic should be aware of about your Nissan?
Customer: No nothing else
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Nissan Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know. I have seen on several models in the past before where the crank position sensor can send either no signal or an incorrect signal and cause this issue here needing replaced.If this has not been checked to see if this is a fault with the crank sensor signal itself this needs done and the sensor may need replaced.If this was already checked or already replaced let me know. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I am totally dissatisfied and request a refund of the amount I have paid. I believed that I was in communication with Nissan and not some independent outfit with no connection to the manufacturer.
Please refund my money and end this regrettable story.
Thank you
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.
Unfortunately this is not Nissan I am an auto technician working with what I have to see here on this.Is there anything else I can help you with on this at all?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Please tell me how I may obtain a refund. I am not satisfied with the "expert" advice I have been given
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.
I will send this to customer service for you. Thanks Pete