Greg
Greg, Shop Owner
Experience:  17 years Shop Owner /Technician. 27 years experience,
29331485

Nissan/Datsun primastar: mike, nissan primastar 2004 100

Customer Question

hi mike, nissan primastar 2004 100 model. started having problems with glo light coming on and van losing power for a while then jumped back in fine. then light coming on more frequent and went into limp mode. engine off and back on made it go back to normal. now light constanly on and engine in constant limp mode and cant go more than 5 miles an hour
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Greg replied 6 months ago.
Hi Wayne . All you need to do to find out what is causing you this issue is to have the car hooked up to a diagnostic scan tool and check for malfunction codes..From the malfunction codes you will then know why the glow plug light came on.When the management system see a malfunction in the system it will trip on the glow plug light ot flash tpo let you know that the system has encountered a malfunction depending on the fault this will but you into limp mode .switching off the engine is re setting the system until the management system see the fault again and then will put you back into limp mode .Most common issue for this turbo boost pressure undercharged .but as said you must have the codes read to be sure .Still need additional information then please get back to me with the reply button, and not the poor or bad service, this way i can get back to you or suggest another expert if needed.Your deposit does not pay me until the answer is rated in a positive way,A bad rating does not constitute a refund.If you are not happy or you have sorted out your problem before the answer then please let me know with the reply button .Kind regards Greg.