Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

I bought a Peugeot partner and I drove it hour and my

Customer Question

I bought a Peugeot partner and I drove it for an hour and my clutch pedal just went in
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Peugeot. The Peugeot Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I've been told it's not the clutch they reckon , it's the clutch cable and I want to know how to check if it is that problem
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Well if I can , to be honest because I don't have the money for a garage to fix it
JA: Is there anything else the Peugeot Mechanic should be aware of about your Peugeot?
Customer: No otherwise it's ok
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Peugeot Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. Usually you can locate the clutch cable and where it connects at the transmission/pressure plate and see if when the clutch is pressed and released if the cable pulls and retracts.If it does not this usually indicates the cable.If it does then this can be an issue with the clutch pressure plate needing replaced.This would have to be checked into further to be sure of the cause and replaced from there. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete