sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

We have an old Voyager. Today I went out to use it and

Customer Question

Hi, We have an old Voyager. Today I went out to use it and the fob would not unlock the vehicle. I tried the spare and the same. We have checked the battery and it is still fine. We opened the drivers door with the key but cannot use the car because the key doesn't turn off the immobiliser so we can get into the vehicle with the key but not use it. We have tested the car battery and that is fine too.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Chrysler. The Chrysler Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: If possible.
JA: Is there anything else the Chrysler Mechanic should be aware of about your Chrysler?
Customer: I used it last weekend and everything was fine.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

It sounds as if you may have a failed wireless control module, but it depends on what year the van is. The RS/RG body style vans used a wireless control module which was the receiver for keyless entry and was also what validated the transponder in the key to allow the engine to start. The RT body style vans used a similar system but you mentioned it being an older vehicle.

What year is your van?

Did the engine start and die three times and then lock the starter out?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
The vehicle is a 1999 model however the problem has been sorted out, it was a frequency issue with the remote which has sorted itself out over a period of time.
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 12 months ago.
If the key fob didn't work it was due to the fob itself or a bad keyless entry receiver.