sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

Toyota "Titen" 24 V Titen: I have a tailgate on

Customer Question

I have a tailgate on my truck and forgot to write down where the wires connect back up to on the solenoid! The hydraulic pump to move the tailgate up & down have a LARGE HEAVY red wire on the top and a small, light duty wire on the bottom that when connected, it releases the tailgate to lower it down. Here is my question: The hot/positive wire from the battery I connect to one of the large threads on the solenoid and "R" is to ground and the "S" is to the switch to power the pump to move the tailgate up. The LARGE RED wire coming off the hydraulic pump I connect to the other large terminal on the solenoid and lastly, the small lite duty wire on the bottom of the hydraulic pump is connected to the "down" switch to allow the tailgate to lower down. Have I got it right?
Thanks
Doug
Category: UK Car
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 6 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!Without knowing application or the system actually involved, it does sound like you have it correct. One large positive cable will go from the solenoid to the positive battery source, the other large cable will go from the solenoid to the pump. There will be a ground to the coil of the solenoid and a small wire which is will go to the switch, which should be supplying power when in use based on your description.