Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

E46 318ci: I have E46 BMW with N46B20 engine every mornig

Customer Question

Hi I have E46 BMW with N46B20 engine every mornig after I start car it stalls itself after its just fine never does it while hot. I had fault on DME witch said servo motor I replaced valvetronic servo motor brand new siemens vdo still the same problem vanos only kicks in after clearing code and no problems while car is hot .
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know. If you have not had the fuel pressure tested at all this needs done.If there is a lack of fuel pressure due to a restricted fuel filter or weak fuel pump this can cause this type of fault here and is common.I have had to replace both before for this fault here.If this is or has been checked/tested and found o.k. let me know so we can continue from here. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete