Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.

I stalled my volvo c30 09 1.6 diesel and now it wont start

Customer Question

JA: Whether it's at the end of the driveway or on the highway, a car stalling can be dangerous. The good news is the mechanics we work with have tons of experience dealing with all kinds of engine issues. How old is the battery? Does the car stall out mainly when going up or down hills?
Customer: It was my error why it stalled. It turns over but just doesnt start
JA: Got it. I'll pass this info along to the mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I stalled my car, then immediately after i tryed starting it again but no joy. Have tryed the spare key thinking it could be immobilzer but still nothing just turns over but doesnt start completely
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes i was hoping so
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Spare key and ive tryed disconnecting battery for 5 mins then reconnecting but still nothing
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Volvo Mechanic should know about your Volvo?
Customer: No think thats it! Its been fine since
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Volvo Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. Try locking and unlocking the doors with the key or remote and see if it starts then as this will sometimes reset any alarm system that may be engaged.If this does not work you will need to have the fault codes checked/read out using a compatible scan tool to see what codes are set in all computers in your vehicle.Once this is done any codes set need diagnosed to locate and repair this fault here.There may be a code set due to the stall out that may just need to be cleared out/erased with the scan tool/computer to allow starting of the engine from there. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete