Kevin
Kevin, UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  Diagnostic technician at vw /audi specialist
84635724

I have a Ford S-Max '08 and the rear windscreen is broken.

Customer Question

I have a Ford S-Max '08 and the r
ear windscreen is broken. WE have taped it up but the alarm keeps going off. How do I lock the car without setting the alarm?
JA: A blaring car alarm can be frustrating and (for you and your neighbors.) The mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I thought I had explained it clearly enough. How do I lock the car without setting the alarm?
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes!
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Locking it with the keys instead of with the fob, it still sets the alarm.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Ford Mechanic should know about your Ford?
Customer: It's an '08 S-Max.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Kevin replied 6 months ago.
Hi im kevin you need to turn off interior monitoring using the steering controls set to off position you will need to do this every time you take key out of ignition as it resets every time car is started